30 December 2013

2013 in Review.

It's New Year's Eve here, so as I prepare myself to start drinking copious amounts of champagne I'm
having a mental recap about all the craziness that 2013 held. I'm a little (or a lot) in awe about the amount of changes that can happen in a year. I wouldn't believe me unless I had lived through it.

I was inspired by an article I read in the Huffington Post and thought I would do my own little rendition.

In a very dumbed down version, here is what 2013 looked like for me:

Rang in the New Year in Paris, then off to Morocco, Turkey and India for my first buying trip topped off with a little R&R in Thailand. After that, landed in Central Oregon for a few months and took our little business on the road for the summer which gave me the chance to visit friends in Idaho, Montana, Arizona and California. Organized a memorial walk for my mom which was an overwhelming success and have done a lot of reflection on our relationship! Attended weddings in Portland, Vermont, North Carolina and South Carolina. Reconnected with many friends I've met throughout the years traveling to all corners of the world. Made lots of new friends. Led a tour through Western Turkey. Joined back up with my old company, FMYI, for a little bit. Took some side trips in there to Boston, more California and all around Oregon. And although the business didn't end up going the way I hoped, it gave me the kickstart I needed that and ultimately gave me the opportunity to fulfill a dream of mine of coming back to Australia on a WHV. So here I am!

I've learned a lot about myself during the course of these experiences and learned a lot about others too. Thanks to everyone who joined me on this roller coaster ride, you've made it exciting and at moments when needed, bearable. There have been lots of ups and many downs but at the end of the day, I've vowed to live my life to the fullest and take some chances. I think it's working.

Here's to 2014!

Sparkles and the Eiffel Tower for New Years 2013! Paris, France
Paris Love Locks and an admirer. Paris, France.

Getting lost in the Pere-Lachaise Cemetery. Paris, France. 

A stall at the Paris Flea Market. Simply brilliant!

View of the Galata Tower. Istanbul, Turkey.

Camel Wrestling. Selcuk, Turkey.
Joining the crowds at the Camel Wrestling. Selcuk, Turkey.

Lively activities in the Djemaa el-Fna. Marrakech, Morocco. 

A typical door in the Fez Medina. Fez, Morocco.

The Cave of Hercules. Tangier, Morocco. 


Jama Masjid. Delhi, India. 
A moment of zen. Delhi, India.

Block printing magic. Jaipur, India. 
View from Spencer Butte. Eugene, Oregon.
The glorious Smith Rock State Park. Terrebonne, Oregon.

The Turkey Eleven Tour! Ephesus, Turkey.
The Blue Mosque, Istanbul, Turkey.
Wine tasting in style. Sonoma, California.

Lowndes Down Plantation destination wedding! Charleston, South Carolina. 


On top of the world. Outer Banks, North Carolina. 

The Great Ocean Road. Victoria, Australia. 

No comments:

Post a Comment